GILEAD BAPTIST CHURCH
On Sunday, May 10,2020, our church, the Gilead Baptist Church of Macon, Georgia, will resume our regularly scheduled worship services in the sanctuary. Until further notice these services will be at 11:00 A.M. and 2:30 P.M. on Sundays and at 6:00 PM on Wednesdays. We will have one Sunday School class in the sanctuary for all ages at 9:45 A.M. each Sunday. Until we deem it safe, we will not have other ministries that require people to violate the six-foot social distancing guideline.
Though everyone is welcome to attend our worship services those who are elderly and/or have underlying medical conditions that puts them at a higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should not attend.
For the safety of everyone, anyone with a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend our worship services. Though everyone is welcome, if it is determined that you have symptoms of this virus you will be politely asked to abstain from attending our worship services until you are free of those symptoms.
We will endeavor to make a dated roster of everyone attending each of our worship services that will be kept in the church office for the purpose of medical contact tracing if needed.
Until further notice we will livestream our services on FACEBOOk for the benefit of those who cannot be with us. The preaching portion of the services will also be available on this website at the SERMONS page.
For the safety of everyone attending the following guidelines will be observed.
· Unless it is raining only the front entrance to the foyer of our sanctuary will be open for the use those attending. If it is raining the side entrance under the drive through will also be used. In case of an emergency all exit doors may be used to exit the building.
· Everyone should wear a covering over their mouth and nose or carry a handkerchief with which to cover their mouth and nose in case they must sneeze or cough.
· Hand sanitizer will be available on the greeter’s table in the foyer. We ask that everyone please sanitize their hands immediately upon entering the foyer and as you exit it at the end of the service.
· Visitor Cards and complimentary pens will also be available on the greeter’s table in the foyer for those visiting with us. We ask our visitors to please take one of those cards and pens, complete the card during the worship service, and drop it in the offering plate as you exit at the end of the service. Please keep the pen as a token of our appreciation for you choosing to worship with us.
· After sanitizing your hands, you should also get a hymn book from the greeter’s table for you and those of your household to use during the worship service. Hymn books will not be available in the pews. The hymn books on the greeter’s table have been sanitized for your safety.
· Please go immediately to the sanctuary and find a pew that is not marked as closed for you and those of your household. Every other pew will be marked as closed to prevent worshippers from sitting closer together than the recommended six feet.
· Please remain at the same pew with the other members of your household throughout the entire worship service. Children should always stay with those they arrived with and not be permitted to wander throughout the sanctuary or building.
· The offering plates will not be passed during the service. Offering plates will be located by the doors of the sanctuary for you to drop your offerings in as you leave the service.
· At the end of the service worshippers will be dismissed by rows beginning at the back of the sanctuary. Please take your hymn book back to the greeter’s table as you leave so that they can be sanitized before the next service.
· The only restrooms that will be used are the ones closest to the sanctuary. Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water before leaving the restrooms. Outside of those restrooms there will be a table with a bottle of hand sanitizer. Please sanitize your hands before you enter the restroom and as you exit it.
Thank you for your understanding of and cooperation with these necessary inconveniences. Hopefully, these measures will enable us to worship our Lord Jesus Christ safely and that they not be necessary much longer.
Pastor & Mrs. Holmes would like to invite you to our next service!
We look forward to seeing you!
(see service times on our Calendar & Events tab)
(see What We Believe tab)