- The Lord has allowed the Gilead Baptist Church to help, encourage, and strengthen the youth of today. Pastor Holmes in directing the youth department. They are burdened for the youth of our area and in regions beyond.
- Youth Sunday School Class meets on Sunday's at 9:45 AM where they are taught from the Word of God and encouraged to reach other youth for Christ.
- Various activities are scheduled throughout the year to encourage youth to have good, clean, godly fun. Upcoming actvities are posted on our Calendar & Events page.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gilead Baptist Church has seen many individuals and families reached through our bus ministry. A ride is available to our church if you live in the Macon area. Pick-up starts at 8:45 AM and drop off is around 12:45 PM.
- We encourage people to use their own vehicle if one is available. This allows us to have more room for riders who are not presently able to drive. If you need a ride, you may contact the church office.
- Office Hours: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday-Thursday.
Right Start Discipleship
- New members and/or newly saved individuals are given the opportunity to go through a 10-week DVD course recorded by our Pastor. The content helps new Christians and new church members to be grounded in the Word of God. Each student is given a leader to help them with their assignments and answer any questions they may have.
- Active member's of Gilead Baptist Church are all welcome to sing in the choir. Choir practice is every Sunday before the evening service.
- Members serve in song by singing a solo or in a group during our church services.
- We encourage all members to partake when a special singing event is scheduled (Example: Christmas Caroling). One does not have to be a part of the choir to participate in these events.
- Gilead Baptist Church believes in the responisibility to reach the world and their community for Christ. Every believer is encouraged and commanded in the Scriptures to share the gospel of Jesus Christ on a daily basis. We invite all of our members to meet at our church throughout the week for organized visitation.
- Organized visitation consists of door-knocking, hospital visits, ministering and encouraging shut-ins (those who are physically unable to get out), follow-up, etc.
- All men who are members of Gilead Baptist Church are encouraged to meet once month. Men meet together to pray, fellowship, and continue to accomplish short-term and long-term projects for the church.
- Active lady members of Gilead Baptist Church meet once every month to pray for our missionaries, accomplish giving projects, and fellowship with one another. Ladies of all ages are welcome to attend.
King's Kids Club - Children's Ministry
- Gilead Baptist Church is devoted in helping children learn more about Jesus Christ by ministering to them through the local church. Many children are reached through our bus ministry and as children of members of our church. Children from 3-years-old to sixth-grade are taught the Bible in Sunday school and in our regular services.
- King's Kids Club meets in our church fellowship hall on Wednesday at 7:00 PM. Ages 3 to 6th grade are encouraged to attend.
Sunday School Ministry
- Sunday school classes meet every Sunday at 9:45 AM.Schedule
Nursery Class (Newborn to 3-years-old)
Pre-School Class (4 and 5-years-old)
Primary Class (1st Grade - 3rd Grade)
Junior Class (4th Grade - 6th Grade)
Youth Class (7th Grade - 12th Grade)
Adult Class (Married/Single/Graduated Adults)
- Nursery is provided during every service for children ages newborn up to 4-years-old. This ministry allows parents to enjoy the preaching service while their children are being taken care of in a safe and age-appropriate environment.
- Cribs, Toys, Books, etc. are provided for your childs use and enjoyment. Items are cleaned and sanitized regularly. Diaper changing facilites are provided. *Changing materials (diapers, wipes, etc.) must be provided by guardian or parent.
- Accomodations are provided for nursing mothers.